Are you ready to invest in new ideas that could help your business capture more market value?
We understand that it’s tough for small and midsize enterprises with lean operations to allocate scarce resources to research and development (R&D). So, we’ve turned to an alternative approach.
Sandbox Centre, in partnership with New Territory, invites you to join us for an experiential program where your customer-facing employees will learn to uncover, explore, and explain new business opportunities before the competition recognizes them.
No formal R&D process? No problem. Your sales and customer facing employees will leave this program with the skills and supporting resources they need to act as your new R&D team by empathizing with customers, analyzing meaningful information, and discerning how your business can capitalize on market changes.
Still not convinced? According to the Conference Board of Canada, Canada gets a “D” and ranks 15th out of 16 peer countries when it comes to research and development (R&D) spending. Hopefully we’re not the first to tell you that the risks associated with staying the same outweigh the risks of spending on research and innovation.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
WHAT IS COVERED?
UPCOMING DATES & INVESTMENT
- Customer-facing employees (sales, customer service) of small businesses with fewer than 20 total employees and no formal research and development or innovation process/department.
1. Noticing (Learn to Empathize): How to leverage day-to-day customer interactions to identify early signals of market change, trends relevant to your business and customer pain points.
2. Inquiring (Learn to Analyze): How to ask good questions to make sense of change and trends.
3. Forecasting (Learn to Capitalize): How to imagine future scenarios (outcomes) for your business by creating and implementing new solutions, services and/or sales tactics to capitalize on change and trends.
4. Framing (Learn to Visualize): How a front-line employee can communicate effectively with an audience of decision-makers and compel them to seize new opportunities by telling a good story.
This program will be offered in a hybrid learning format.
- Session 1: Thursday June 2nd, 2:00pm to 4:00pm (in-person)
- Session 2: Thursday June 9th, 2:00pm to 3:00pm (online)
- Session 3: Thursday June 16th, 2:00pm to 3:00pm (online)
- Session 4: Thursday June 23rd, 2:00pm to 3:00pm (online)
- Session 5: Thursday June 30th, 2:00pm to 4:00pm (in-person program closing celebration)
– Program Price:
$1000.00+ tax for up to 2 representatives of your company to participate
– Already a Sandbox Member?
Free to participate
about the facilitator
Stephanie Ruth Grimbly
Since 2013, Stephanie Ruth Grimbly, Executive Director of New Territory, has been in pursuit of fresh perspectives on business problem-solving with Canadian enterprises in mind.
For almost a decade, Steph has enthusiastically explored the intersection of strategy, innovation and the sales profession in both commercial and academic environments. After four fruitful years managing go-to-market partnerships with IT and Telecommunications resellers, she went on to complete an MBA at Rotman School of Management which included founding the first ever sales club, exponentially growing a fledgling pro bono consulting group and being voted Valedictorian of her class.
After graduating, Steph went on to serve almost 100 entrepreneurs, small businesses and nonprofit organizations – especially those operating in the Greater Barrie Area – as an independent consultant. Now, she has spun her experience into New Territory: a customer research and strategy firm specially formatted to help growth-minded Canadian enterprises maximize profit by maximizing loyalty.
What would joining the sandbox centre mean to your business?
Not a SBX Member yet? Interested in understanding what’s in it for you? Wonder what it’s all about?