During current unprecedented times, the importance of mental health & creating connections is imperative as isolation may have different effects & meanings for everyone. You may be helping the greater good to social distance, however, isolating yourself from positive messaging and and uplifting knowledge to help better your journey to success isn’t the answer. NOW is the perfect time to come together to RISE, CONNECT, and EXPLORE what your journey to success can look like! The conversations don’t stop now – they’re just beginning.
Sandbox, in partnership with XcelerateHER, hosted an open & virtual conversation facilitated by Samra Zafar that explored some key points around the importance of connection, mental health, hope, her story and bridging her new journey into entrepreneurship.
Some key highlights:
- E+R = O
– Event that happens to you (out of our control) + Response (can control) = Outcome
- Community – if you’re not getting what you need from the people who are around you to make up your authentic self – you’re not asking for the wrong things, you’re asking the wrong people
- Be flexible and agile during times of uncertainty
- Be kind to yourself and be mindful of the fact that we’re all human – it’s okay and normal to feel emotion
- Courage and confidence is not the absence of fear and self-doubt
ABOUT THE Samra Zafar:
Samra Zafar is an award-winning international speaker, bestselling author, consultant, educator, and social entrepreneur who advocates for equity, inclusion, and human rights. She has been recognized as one of Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, and a Top 25 Canadian Immigrant. She is one of the youngest Alumni Governors at the University of Toronto, and a Celebrated Ambassador for Plan International. Her book, A Good Wife: Escaping The Life I Never Chose, is a national bestseller and named as CBC book of the year for Canadian Nonfiction (2019). The book is now being published internationally by Penguin Random House, and also being adapted to a TV series by Bell Media.